Pilates for Children and Adolescents is the first comprehensive manual of guidelines and formal curriculum for teaching Pilates to young people This book includes:
- Guidelines for teaching Pilates to young people
- Why Pilates is beneficial for children age 5 – 11 and adolescents age 12 – 18
- Crucial anatomical and cognitive development considerations for working with young people
- Additional relevant topics designed to equip the Pilates teacher with tools for creating relevant and safe programs for different age ranges, such as:
- safety considerations, exercise contraindications, scope of practice, and ethics
- considerations for working in a variety of environments within both the public and private sectors
- working with children with special needs.
- age appropriate exercises from the Pilates repertoire
- a formal curriculum for teaching Pilates in schools including sample lesson plans
- appendices which include the study results for the Pilates in the Schools PMA® initiative.